In observance of the Chinese New Year which will fall on January 28, 2017, The City Government of Cagayan de Oro will be celebrating the Chinese New Year Festival marked as the 2nd season of the said event, welcoming the Year of the Rooster with different activities line up.
The 2nd Chinese New Year Festival will commence on January 21, 2017 at 4:00pm in Tirso Neri- Apolinar Velez- Abejuela Streets, which will the follow by a series of activities until February 09, 2017.
Other activities for the said festival are as follows:
* CHINESE FOOD FAIR AND EXHIBIT at Centrio Mall, Ayala during mall hours on January 27, 2017 with motorcade around 4:00pm from Rodelsa Circle to the key areas in the city to Divisoria.
* CHINESE ZODIAC FORECAST (Mall hours), from January 27 to February 09, 2017.
* NEW YEAR'S DAY CEREMONIES (Whole day) at the Bell Church Biasong, Macasandig on January 28, 2017.
* LION DANCE AND CULTURAL SHOWS by Kong Hua School and Oro Christian Grace School at Limketkai Center from 2:00pm to 5:00pm on January 28, 2017.
* CHINESE NEW YEAR DANCE COMPETITION at the Activity Area, Gaisano City Mall around 2:00pm on January 28, 2017.
* CHINESE COSPLAY FESTIVAL at the Activity Center, Centrio Mall, Ayala, around 5:00pm on January 28, 2017.
* CHINESE NEW YEAR CELEBRATION with performances by Kong Hua School at the Activity Center, Centrio Mall, Ayala on January 29, 2017.
GONG XI FA CAI!