I created this list to share it to you and for you to be inspired with these Travel Blogs and Bloggers who also inspires me to travel more often and explore the 7,107 islands of our country. I've been following and reading these travelers most of the time because they have this sense of importance in traveling industry and giving something to their readers- inspiration.
There are more than a thousand travel bloggers out there and hundreds more sprouting every time the internet goes online. However, these top 20 Travel Blogs and Bloggers are much more than reading and watching out for this 2013. Why? Then read this article...
These Top 20 Travel Blogs and Bloggers are based on my own perspective. If you know someone who are more qualified than the list, please don't hesitate to comment below. Perhaps, I might be following them to and be included in my next article. :)
1. IVAN ABOUT TOWN (www.ivanhenares.com) by IVAN ANTHONY S. HENARES
- Recently awarded as “One of the Outstanding Young Men (TOYM) for 2012 in the field of Heritage Conservation, Ivan is proud to have been visited all 80 provinces of the Philippines and is on his way to explore the world.
2. OUR AWESOME PLANET (www.OurAwesomePlanet.com) by ANTON DIAZ
- Our Awesome Planet’s Advocacy is to promote tourism by sharing “Food and Travel Secrets in the Philippines” and to inspire Filipinos to “Live an Awesome Life!”
3. JOURNEYING JAMES (www.journeyingjames.com) by JAMES BETIA
- An adventurer, backpacker and runner, and newbie surfer, James has been traveling the Philippines and Southeast Asia since 2003 mostly on a budget. He simply encourages fellow Filipinos to discover the beauty of our own country even with minimal resources.
4. JUST WANDERING (www.justwandering.org) by NINA FUENTES
- Awarded as 2011 Winner for Best Travel Blog of Nuffnang Asia Pacific Blog Awards, Just Wandering is her personal travel blog where she shares stories, tips, and resources from her travels.
5. PINOY ADVENTURISTA (www.pinoyadventurista.com) by MERVIN
- Pinoy + Adventures + Turista= PINOY ADVENTURISTA. A travel blog that aims to chronicle an adventure junkie’s backpacking and adventure trips, his mountaineering and running experiences and to provide an online source of travel and climbing tips and guides on anything Pinoy and more!
6. LANGYAW (www.langyaw.com) by ESTAN CABIGAS
- An avid traveler, photographer and one of the most awarded travel bloggers in the Philippines; Estan enjoys the freedom of going to places entails, both the trip itself and the destination.
7. LAKWATSERO (www.lakwatsero.com) by ANGEL JUAREZ
- Lakwatsero is owned by a hobbyist photographer, scuba diver, environmental advocate who started chasing sunsets, waterfalls, lighthouses and extreme adventures when he finished college. He dreamed of documenting and sharing his adventures to the world, thus he created LAKWATSERO.
8. NOMADIC EXPERIENCES (www.nomadicexperiences.com) by MARKY RAMONE GO
- Mary started his travel blog last 2007 as a medium to narrate his experiences on traveling. He wanted to share the places he’s been fortunate enough to thread his feet and frolic around with enormous wonder.
9. WANDERLUST ON THE ROAD (www.juanderfulpinoy.com) by CHINO
- Chino is a proud Filipino and his travel site is his personal travel blog about a developing nation, the beautiful island Philippines that features ideals for people who love to travel, take photographs and want to live the dream they want.
10. PINAY TRAVELISTA (www.pinaytravelista.com) by LISA MARIE MIRASOL
- Pinay Travelista is owned by Lisa Marie which started as a product of boredom, heartache, and some other stuff she’s thankful of. It encourages others for a lifestyle that they might like, ad sweetly pushing for sustainable travel to everyone.
11. TRAVELINGMORION (www.travelingmorion.com) by JEFFREY
- A PHOTO-TRAVEL BLOG that features photographs about beautiful places and people, distinct literature, culture and arts, and stories of Jeffrey’s beloved 7,107 Islands- Philippines!
12. IRONWULF (www.ironwulf.com) by FERDINAND DECENA
- “Travel, Photography, and passion for adventure”; Ironwulf.net: En Route is a Travel and Photography Blog of Pinoy Backpacker and Adventure owned by an award-winning photographer and blogger. The Travel + Photography Blog aim to chronicle Ferdinand’s travels across the country and different parts of the world and share it to the world.
13. THE PINAY SOLO BACKPACKER (www.thepinaysolobackpacker.com) by GAEL HILOTIN
- A blog owned by a female traveler who is in-love seeing the world while helping those elementary pupils by distributing pencils and school supplies to elementary schools in remote provinces. She did a project called “Happy Philippines: her 2012 Travel Around the Philippines Challenges”.
14. BACKPACKING PHILIPPINES (www.backpackingphilippines.com) by TUTUBI
- Flight chronicles of the backpacking Tutubi, with travelogues, pictures, and driving directions to answer “how to get there” questions, information and tips on tourism, budget travel and living in Philippines, Exotic Asia and beyond.
15. BUDGET BIYAHERA (www.budgetbiyahera.com) by MAI FLORES
- Owned by a Filipino-born budget traveler, Mai created a variety of free trip itineraries and well-sourced travel tips that wanted to share her “budget-conscious-wander luster” to people.
16. PINAY THRILLSEEKER (www.pinaythrillseeker.com) by CRIS
- Owned by Cris, an Industrial Engineer from UP Diliman which has her greatest accomplishment so far; able to stay alive after conquering Mt. Apo, the Philippines’ highest peak while it had rained non-stop on a supposedly summer month. Her travel blog “Love Conquers All”, is her travelogue to “find her heart”- all for the love of travel and adventures.
17. THE GEEK TRAVELS (www.thetravelingnomad.com) by RENZ MARIONE BULSECO
- A nomad from Davao City who moves from place to another. He travel because he wants to experience life in different places, in different perspective, hence, the traveling nomad.
18. THE CHRONICLES OF LOVE MINDANAO (www.lovemindanao.com) by LOVE MINDANAO
- To emphasize, Love Mindanao is the name of the author. This blog contains most of the personal experiences of the author as he travels around the Philippines which serve as well as a personal journal of some of the most important journeys he has experienced.
19. 25 TRAVELS (www.25travels.com) by JERICK
- A travel blog of a ma on a mission. 25 travels is a travel blog owned by Jerick which focuses on finding the balances between traveling around the world and living a “normal” working life.
20. I AM A TRAVELER: A TRAVELER ON A JOURNEY (www.bestspotsinthephilippines.blogspot.com) by CLEMENT DAMPAL II
- A travel blog about a man's adventure as he sojourn the enchanting, alluring, refined and beautiful scenery of the Philippines as part of his growth, journey and his passion of traveling.
INTERESTED TO ADD YOUR FAVORITE TRAVEL BLOGS AND BLOGGERS?
Feel free to comment below and add their domain site! Who knows, they will be the next one i'll be following? :)